Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All is quiet

Blogging so far is something that is just for entertainment to me but I am starting to warm up a little that it can be used in a classroom setting. I think when I become a teacher, I will be able to incorporate it so the students can go on and see what their homework is as well as what I have planned for the future just incase they forget what was covered in class. I hope children will be able to utilize this well.

Today I had a quiet day with only one class which is called Math 196a- Tutoring in Schools. This is a class that puts students in real Math classrooms around Tucson and requires us to tutor 3 hours per week and we get paid $10 per hour. Not bad for a part time job right? Tommorow should be an academic filled day with 4 classes spanning from 930 am- 445 pm. This weekend should be another very busy one with my radio show, homework, the Cal basketball game and various parties.

Right now I am looking for a summer job and with the economy this might not be as easy I think despite being an ocean certified lifeguard at home. I hope to lifeguard at a private beach full time instead of doing that and teaching swimming at a day camp during the week.

In New York sports, the Devils won a thrilling OT game last night in Toronto with a Johnny Oduya goal with 11 seconds left until the shootout. Martin Broduer is now 3 wins short of tying Patrick Roy with 551 career wins as a goaltender. The Rangers made a couple of moves to make a run this year at the cup. Alex Rodriguez has a cyst in his left hip which many people are linking to his past usage of steroids. It will be interesting to see how he comes back to hopefully help the Yankees win their 27th world championship. Soon I will be getting ready for the NFL draft by doing a comprehensive round by round prediction for the Giants that will be published on Bleacher Report.

enjoy
Michael S. Schlossberg

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike,

    A-Rod's definitely going to be a big loss if he decides to go through with the surgery. Missing him for four months would be a huge bat missing in our lineup. Hopefully Brian Cashman can make a deal, and the Yanks can win #27.

    As for the Giants, I've been really happy with the defensive signings in free agency. Canty, Boley, Bernard, and Brown at safety are all solid signings. We still need to adress the glaring need at wide reciever. I'm hoping we can make a deal for Anquan Boldin or Braylon Edwards, which have been rumored lately. If we don't make any moves before the draft though it will make for an interesting two days at Radio City, because that would mean the Giants would have 10 picks.

    -Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,
    I thought the math program you describe sounded great.
    DB

    ReplyDelete